Located on the outskirts of Brentwood within beautiful park like gardens in Kelvedon Common, surrounded by Essex countryside.
The new state of the art care home facility opened its September 2014. The new Howard Lodge is a 71-bedroom home within the grounds of the old Howard Lodge. The new home continues to provide excellent care for the elderly, and those with dementia.
The home is owned and managed by St Michaels Homes Ltd since 1991 who are a proud family owned/managed company, they also operate another successful care home adjacent to Howard Lodge called Dudbrook Hall, which is a large style manor house dating back to 1600.
Howard Lodge offers its residents much more modern facilities and more accommodation with all rooms having en-suite/wet room facilities and some with private patios. Rooms are located within self-contained hamlets with their own dining & living rooms. Each hamlet providing different areas of specialist care with its own dedicated staff all of which creates a better quality of life for its residents.
The care home also boosts a central hub area that has a hairdressing saloon, Pampering suite, sun terraces, activities, training, cinema room facilities, Tea room and community venue, along with private function rooms which are available for hire. The home is surrounded by 3 acres of grounds/gardens. These new facilities currently benefit existing residents as well as providing increased space for newcomers welcomed to the home.
Sheila Watson, Director at St Michaels Homes Ltd said at the grand opening: “We are thrilled that the home is now open and that all our hard work has come to fruition. It has taken well over a year for the construction work to complete but the new facility is excellent and exactly as we had hoped.
Our commitment of care to our residents has remained our utmost priority and their response to the new facility has been fantastic.
Our main achievement throughout the years since we first open our doors in 1991 is our dedication to quality care and we have built up a great reputation within the local and wider community for our excellent services. This can be reflected in our consistently good CQC reports. This can only be down to our staff who are the heart of our business and now we have the A* facilities to match our A* service. Directors would like to thank our staff for all they have done and we would like to welcome all to come along and have a look at our new home
We are registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission)an independent body, responsible for the registration and inspection/monitoring of all homes. Having continuously achieved excellent reports and recently under new rating system, graded 2 = Good (with a high proportion of sectors receiving scores of 4, which denotes excellence).
We are registered for care of the elderly and also those with memory impairments / dementia.
We have a total of 3 different sized rooms available for private hire, prices and details are below. All proceeds are donated to the Howard Lodge Residents Fund
- The Community Hub can hold 30 people comfortably (Size 7m x 4.5m). This room is located within the Central Hub of the building and your guests can come and go as they please as we have a key code to enter the front door. The cost of hire of this room is £75.00
- Phoebe’s Tea Room is located adjacent to the Community Hub (Size 9.5m x 4.5m). The Community Hub and Phoebe’s Tea room are divided by bi-folding doors. The Tea Room can hold a further 35 people at a cost of £80
- Should you require a larger space for a gathering/party we can pull back the bi-folding doors to open out the space for both rooms above. The cost for this will be £90 for both rooms.
- Please enquire or book on 01277 372095 (Option 4) or ask at reception.
Howard Lodge Newsletter
- Newsletter for March 2018
- Newsletter for December 2017
- Newsletter for September 2017
- Newsletter for June 2017
- Newsletter for March 2017
no images were found
Beacon Hill Road,
Essex CM14 5FQ