ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
At both homes we employ a team of full time activity co-ordinators, who organise daily activities and events i.e.
- Fetes, Bazaars
- Social Evenings & Entertainment
- Themed nights/days (Halloween, St Georges & St Patricks Days, Xmas Parties, Birthdays & Anniversaries, etc.
- Day trips to the Seaside, Nuclear Bunker, Ongar Steam Train, Garden Centres, Local country Pubs and many more.
- Activities within the homes like Art & Crafts, Chair Exercises, Card & Board Games, Indoor Bowling, Quizzes, Bingo, Suing-a-longs, Reminiscence Sessions and many more.
- Pamper Evenings, Gentleman’s evenings
It’s up to you if you wish to be involved as little or as much as you like, we welcome family and friends to come along and join us on these great events and enjoy the fun.
DEMENTIA ACTION WEEK
Dementia Action Week starts on the 21st May and ends on the 27th May
22nd May we will be doing a Car Wash activity – with Staff and Residents @ £5 per car.
23rd May we will be doing Karaoke in the afternoon for anyone who would like to have a go
25th May all staff will be wearing blue (Forget me not)
UPCOMING EVENTS AT DUDBROOK
Various activities during the week. Please see board in reception for details
- 4th May – Kim Graham Cross entertains 2pm
- 8th May – VE Day Celebrations with Brian Shaw 11am
- 15th May – Poetry with David cutter 2pm
- 16th May – Paul Presley makes his debut 2pm
- 22nd May – Sponsored Car Wash (Residents and Staff) All day
- 23rd May – Karaoke by Staff and Residents
- 25th May – Wear Blue for Forget me Knot Blue Day
- 25th May – Sing as We Go – 2pm
- 8th June – Graham Young Entertains 2pm
- 12th June – Poetry with David
- 19th June – Tim Packman Entertains 2pm
- 27th June – Mark Stevens Entertains 2pm
We now have the following weekly events at Dudbrook Hall.
- Cream Teas to be held @ 3pm every other Wednesday
- Pamper Evenings Wednesdays at 6.30pm
- Movie Evenings – Saturdays at 18.30pm
- Gentleman’s Club held fortnightly on Monday’s @ 6.30pm
- Cheese & Wine at 18.30pm on Friday evenings
- We bring round drinks and nibbles on Tuesday evenings from 7pm
- We also now have Tea/Coffee/Hot water facilities for families and visitors in the Dining Room. Please help yourself.
Due to us having a 2 x minibuses there will be lots of days out once the weather improves.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT HOWARD LODGE
Various shows and entertainment weekly – Please see board in reception for details
- 2nd May – Visit to Queen’s Theatre to see Memory Lanes
- Pottery & Painting
- 14th May – 2pm Music Moves Us
- 18th May – 11.30am Robert Jerome sings
- 19th May – Celebrate in the garden for Prince Harry & Meghan’s wedding
- 22nd May – Visit to Bentley School to listen to Children singing & Reading
- 11th May – 2pm Music Moves Us
- 15th June – Luncheon Club & Quiz
- 30th June – 2 – 4pm Summer Fete
We now hold the following weekly events at Howard Lodge Care Centre
- Monday afternoon’s – DIY/Gardening
Every Tuesday morning we have Pamper morning in the hairdressers, Manicure and pedicures
Every Tuesday afternoon from 2.30pm, Afternoon Tea, Cake & Bingo in Phoebes Tea Room
- Tuesday afternoon’s from 2.30pm – Afternoon Tea, Bingo and refreshments
- Friday mornings from 10.15am – Tea, Coffee and Card Games