ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
At both homes we employ a team of full time activity co-ordinators, who organise daily activities and events i.e.
- Fetes, Bazaars
- Social Evenings & Entertainment
- Themed nights/days (Halloween, St Georges & St Patricks Days, Xmas Parties, Birthdays & Anniversaries, etc.
- Day trips to the Seaside, Nuclear Bunker, Ongar Steam Train, Garden Centres, Local country Pubs and many more.
- Activities within the homes like Art & Crafts, Chair Exercises, Card & Board Games, Indoor Bowling, Quizzes, Bingo, Suing-a-longs, Reminiscence Sessions and many more.
- Pamper Evenings, Gentleman’s evenings
It’s up to you if you wish to be involved as little or as much as you like, we welcome family and friends to come along and join us on these great events and enjoy the fun.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT DUDBROOK
All events usually start at 2pm unless time stated
- 18th March – Celebrate St Patricks Day with Jonny Mac from 2pm
- 29th March – Brian Shaw Entertains from 2pm
- 3rd April – Robert Jerome Sings from 2p
- 5th April – Trip to the Eagle for Lunch
- 8th April – Tim Packman sings and plays his guitar from 2pm
- 9th April – Poetry with David
- 19th April – Good Friday with the lovely voice of Hannah Abela from 2pm
- 29th April – A trip to the Theatre
Various activities during the week. Please see board in reception for details
We now have the following weekly events at Dudbrook Hall.
- Cream Teas to be held @ 3pm every other Wednesday
- Pamper Evenings Wednesdays at 6.30pm
- Movie Evenings – Saturdays at 18.30pm
- Gentleman’s Club held fortnightly on Monday’s @ 6.30pm
- Cheese & Wine at 18.30pm on Friday evenings
- We bring round drinks and nibbles on Tuesday evenings from 7pm
- We also now have Tea/Coffee/Hot water facilities for families and visitors in the Dining Room. Please help yourself.
Due to us having a 2 x minibuses there will be lots of days out once the weather improves.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT HOWARD LODGE
- 18th March – Cheese & Wine in Phoebes Tea Room – 10.45am
- 21st March – 50’s Quiz Night 7pm – 9.30pm (Tickets available from Reception £10pp
- 22nd March – Carly Ann Sings – 11.30am
- 1st April – Vitality Exercises’ – 11.15am
- 8th April – Music Moves Us – 2pm
- 12th April – Lunch Club with Singer Diane Moore – 11.30am
- 15th April – Cheese & Wine – 10.45am
- 26th April – Robert Jerome sings – 11.30am
- 30th April – Group of residents to Bentley School to interact with the children – 10.45am
Various shows and entertainment weekly – Please see board in reception for details
We now hold the following weekly events at Howard Lodge Care Centre
- Monday afternoon’s – DIY/Gardening
Every Tuesday morning we have Pamper morning in the hairdressers, Manicure and pedicures
Every Tuesday afternoon from 2.30pm, Afternoon Tea, Cake & Bingo in Phoebes Tea Room
- Tuesday afternoon’s from 2.30pm – Afternoon Tea, Bingo and refreshments
- Friday mornings from 10.15am – Tea, Coffee and Card Games